Albums that should be heard

Unfortunately there really isn't an album that I have been listening to for the past several days regularly that I haven't mentioned here on my blog so I thought instead post some of my favorite albums that definitely deserves to be heard by my readers.



Ever is the second EP (released late last year) by local act Tiny Deaths who opened up for Sleigh Bells last month at the Fine Line (great concert by the way). Just started listening to it again tonight. I am really enjoying a lot more than the first time I heard it earlier this year. If you like Phantogram, I definitely would recommend Tiny Deaths.



Together Alone is the first release by Danish synthwave group Softwave. It is also one of my favorite releases of 2016. The retro'80s vibe is strong in this effort.



Lately I have been listening to a lot of Heaven or Somewhere In Between by Kitten. Chloe Chaidez is my favorite singer right now. She just has an incredible voice. Her voice is so distinctive from all the pop stars out there nowadays. Chloe does not have a generic sound. Chloe has a real strong knack for creating pop hooks that gets into a person's head. The music on Heaven or Somewhere In Between is somewhere between retro '60s and modern synthpop. With songs this catchy, why Kitten's music hasn't been heard by more people mystifies me.



Evil As Good by Chamaeleon is one of the best EBM albums I have heard in the past five years. I discovered them earlier this year on bandcamp and really dug their mix of EBM which has both clean and distorted vocals. 

Comments

Popular Posts