My 10 Current Favorite Albums of the Week

Last week was a incredible week for new music. Blonde Redhead, Cherry Glazerr, and Dessa dropped new albums. I also discovered that Korean American singer/songwriter Eric Nam had released a new album earlier in September. I am still on the fence about the new albums by Blonde Redhead and Cherry Glazerr. I need to listen to their albums a few more times before I give a final judgement. I think I like the Blonde Redhead album more so than Cherry Glazerr. The Eric Nam album House On the Hill is fantastic. It is one bop after another. Same with Bury the Lede by Dessa. 

Finally got around to listen to Reserate's Doomday EP. Reserate is a metalcore band I discovered via Unite Asia. The music is so good. Loud and heavy. 

Over the weekend, I watched the documentary The Return of Tanya Tucker. It is on Netflix. The documentary is so good. Her friendship with Brandi Carlile was so heartwarming to watch. Really happy Tanya finally got her flowers as a result of the re-launch of her career. The last couple of days I have been on a Tanya Tucker kick. Her 2019 album While I'm Livin' is so good. Her new album Sweet Western Sound is a great follow up to While I'm Livin'. 

The new album by the Korean pop/rock band The Rose Dual is starting to grow on me. It isn't as good as 2022's Heal but I am enjoying it. I loved the melodies and laid back grooves on Heal, and missed that on Dual. I have noticed on Dual that the band leaned more into rock than pop. 

01. Eric Nam: House on the Hill


02. Dessa: Bury the Lede


03. Romy: Mid Air


04. Reserate: Doomsday


05. Eye: GRAffITI


06. Damian Hamada's Creatures: Unmei No Shihaisha


07. yeule: softscars


08. The Rose: Dual


09. Slowdive: everything is alive


10. Tanya Tucker: While I'm Livin'

Comments

Popular Posts