My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Happy Friday! Here is this week's playlist. I listened to a lot of interesting new music in the past several days.

My new favorite album at the moment is Supercrush by the Singapore based band Blush. I discovered Blush over the summer courtesy of Unite Asia. I have been waiting for the band to release their debut album. I was not disappointed. I definitely think fans of My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, Lush, and Chapterhouse would totally dig Blush. I have been listening to Supercrus almost every day this past week. 

Thanks to Spotify, I discovered another post-punk/darkwave band from Indonesia called Pelteras earlier this month. They aren't as clubby sounding as Camlann who is also from Indonesia. Pelteras reminds me more of Sonicave (Beijing, China) and Joy Division. Pelteras also dropped their debut album last week which is titled Peranjakan. Great album. 

From the other side of the musical spectrum, Ndlovu Youth Choir released a new album called Celebrate. Ndlovu Youth Choir is a talented choir group from South Africa. They have been featured on America's Got Talent. I discovered them on Twitter (before I left the site this past spring). This choir is so incredibly talented. Their new album did not disappoint. They have a good mix of covers and original songs. 

Still on my Tanya Tucker kick. I really do love her most recent albums but now I am about to start checking out her earlier albums. I started with my deep dive into Tanya's catalog with Delta Dawn. Hard not to love the title track. It is constantly stuck in my head. 

Of course I have some familiar names like Romy, Lovebites, Onmyo-Za, The Bellwether Syndicate, and Suzi Sabotage. 

Songs to Check Out:
"Still in Love" by Blush  
"Pancang" by Pelteras
"Successor of 13" by Valkyrie Zero
"Love at First Bite" by Suzi Sabotage
"Across the Oceans" by Walk in Darkness
"High Ridin' Heros" by Tanya Tucker
"Fools Rush In" by Ndlovu Youth Choir

Comments

Popular Posts