My Top 10 Current Favorite Albums of the Week

Of course, I have the 3 albums I bought over the weekend on this week's list Sit Down for Dinner by Blonde Redhead, The Craft soundtrack, and softscars by yeule. All the albums I bought are good. The new Blonde Redhead album Sit Down for Dinner has truly grown on me since I first heard about it on NPR's All Songs Considered. Initially I was lukewarm to the album but I gave it a chance, and I have come to love it. I definitely plan on checking out the band's catalog in the coming weeks. 

I have never been much of an Eric Nam fan but his new album House on a Hill has been getting lots of streaming from me. The album is full of bops. Really a big fan of "Sink or Swim" and the title track featuring Em Beihold at the end of the album. All of the songs have solid hooks. 

Thanks to the documentary The Return of Tanya Tucker (now on Netflix), I have been listening to her 2019 While I'm Livin' and this year's Sweet Western Sound. While I have enjoyed some of Tanya's music, I really became more interested after seeing her excellent documentary. Her recent 2 albums in the past 4 years have been getting serious streaming from me. Shooter Jennings and Brandi Carlile did fantastic job of producing the albums. I love the rawness of Tanya's albums. Just like Blonde Redhead, I definitely need to do a deep dive on Tanya's catalog.

Kanga dropped a new album last week. It is really good. Still listening to Romy's Mid Air, it definitely is one of my favorite albums of 2023. 

01. Blonde Redhead: Sit Down for Dinner


02. Eric Nam: House On a Hill


03. Tanya Tucker: While I'm Livin'


04. Romy: Mid Air


05. Kanga: Under Glass


06. yeule: softscars


07. Tanya Tucker: Sweet Western Sound


08. Deep Water: Diving


09. Brandy Clark: Brandy Clark


10. Various Artists: Music from The Craft

Comments

Popular Posts