My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

TGIF!

Last week was a great week for new music. Blonde Redhead, Dessa, and Cherry Glazerr dropped new albums. Of the 3 new albums, Bury the Lede by Dessa is my favorite. I discovered that singer/songwriter Eric Nam released a new album last month and I have been jamming to that album a lot. Jury is still out about the Cherry Glazerr album but the Blonde Redhead album is definitely growing on me. 

Earlier this week, Netflix released the Tanya Tucker documentary The Return of Tanya Tucker (featuring Brandi Carlile). It is so good, and emotionally moving. I truly recommend watching the 2022 film on the country outlaw. I am so happy Tanya is finally getting the recognition she deserves and because of Shooter Jennings and Brandi Carlile. I have been listening to her recent albums While I'm Livin' and Sweet Western Sound. Both albums are really good but I really love her 2019 album While I'm Livin'. My personal favorite song off the album is "Seminole Wind Calling". 

Songs to Check Out:
"Chopper" by Dessa
"Sink or Swim" by Eric Nam
"Loveher" by Romy
"ghosts" by yeule
"Seminole Wind Calling" by Tanya Tucker
"You Know How" by Vagabon
"Rest of Her Life" by Blonde Redhead

Comments

Popular Posts