My Top 10 Current Favorite Albums of the Week

My top pick for my current favorite albums of the week is by the Japanese thrash metal band. They originally formed in the '80s and then reformed in 2015. I discovered the band via YouTube last year and loved their old school thrash metal sound and became an immediate fan. Their new album Attack of Valkyrie came out in late June but finally uploaded onto Spotify for international fans. I have been listening to their album like every other day since I found it on Spotify last week. 

I got some familiar albums on this week's list like Onmyo-Za's Ryuu Doji and Lovebites' Judgement Day. Those albums still slaps hard. They definitely are 2 of my favorite albums of 2023.

One of my favorite shoegaze bands from Japan Moon in June released their first full-length album. I think it is self-titled but I am not sure. Not able to find an English translation for the title. Lacking of English translation aside, the album is fantastic. Love the memorable pop hooks and jingly guitar riffs.

Last week, I was perusing Spotify and looking for Vietnamese artists/bands I could add to my playlist Modern Sounds of Vietnam, and came across the symphonic metal band AnNam and their album Nam quoc su ca. Most metal bands from Vietnam tends to be either metalcore or black/death metal so this band was a pleasant surprise to me. I couldn't find much about the band because there is another Vietnamese band called Annam (from Hanoi). 

01. Valkyrie Zero: Attack of Valkyrie


02. Moon in June: Moon in June (?)


03. Lovebites: Judgement Day


04. Onmyo-Za: Ryuu Doji


05. AnNam: Nam Quoc Su Ca


06. Romy: Mid Air


07. Blonde Redhead: Sit Down For Dinner


08. Ndlovu Youth Choir: Celebrate


09. Gray: Ballerina (Music from the Netflix film)


10. Tanya Tucker: Dawn

Comments

Popular Posts