My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

TGIF! I got a lot of new music featured on this week's playlist.

Still enjoying the heck out of the CDs I bought last weekend at the Electric Fetus...Blonde Redhead's Sit Down For Dinner, yeule's softscars, and the soundtrack to the 1996 film The Craft. One of my new favorite Japanese metal bands Valkyrie Zero finally put out their album Attack of Valkyrie on Spotify. It fucking rocks! Very old school thrash metal. Really love the album.  Japanese shoegaze band Moon in June released their first full length album this week. I have not been able to find an English translation of the album title but it is so good. Japan has an incredible shoegaze scene as well as metal scene. Moon in June is right up there my other favorite Japanese shoegaze bands Spool, Collapse, re:lapse, and For Tracy Hyde. Go check out Moon in June. 

I also recommend the Chengdu based dreampop/shoegaze band Deep Water. I have been listening to their music quite a bit this week. They really do remind me of Mazzy Star.

Yes, I am still on my Tanya Tucker kick. Tanya freaking rock and a lot of the credit goes to Shooter Jennings and Brandi Carlile. Shooter Jennings was in the process of working with Tanya when he roped Brandi into the project, and well...the rest is history. 

There are so many great songs on this week's mix. I could go on but I think I will let the music speak for itself.

Songs to Check Out:
"Romance" by Kanga
"Octavian" by Osnova
"Rest of Her Life" by Blonde Redhead
"Sulky Baby" by yeule
"Breakfast in Birmingham [Feat. Brandi Carlile]" by Tanya Tucker
"Just Cause" by Valkyrie Zero 
"Twelve to One" by Dessa
"Risu Raknar" by Nytt Land

Comments

Popular Posts