Unofficial Best of 2023 list

With October almost over and 2023 slowly inching towards the finish line, I thought it would be fun to start my best of 2023 list now. I will eventually edit it down to top 25-50. 2023 was an incredible year for new music, maybe even better than the previous 2 years. I may end up with a top 50 list. 

My taste in music in 2023 is all over the place from outlaw country music to heavy metal music. 

I started the list with my "least favorite" at the top and at the bottom are my "favorite" releases. The list is roughly around 50 albums. I don't know how long my best of 2023 list will be but definitely won't be 25 because there is too many albums I would exclude based on that limited number. 

Update (as of 10/20): I have organized my list beginning from #60 and working down to #1. I added Myrkur's new album Spine which came out today. I am currently listening to it and love what I am hearing right now. It definitely deserves a spot on this list. I removed Morgan Wade's Psychopath and replaced it with 6XT7. I listened to Psychopath the other day. I like it but the album isn't great and isn't worthy to be considered one of the best albums of 2023. The album is definitely too long and needed editing. I think I am going to update this list frequently depending on new music that comes out between now and the end of the year. 

60) Leukotomy - Eternal Path to Eden

59) Dummy Toys - War is Nightmare

58) 18 Fevers - Death Punk Disco

57) Milet - 5am

56) T-Pain - On Top of the Covers

55) Strawberry Runners - Strawberry Runners

54) Olivia Rodrigo - Guts

53) 6XT7 - Die Together

52) Sunlotus - Fever

51) MistoriA - Curse EP

50) Blackbraid - Blackbraid II

49) The Dark Side of the Moon - Metamorphosis

48) Ad Infinitum - Chapter III: Downfall

47) Rumkicks - Born Rude

46) Belinda Carlisle - Kismet

45) Joe Hisaishi - A Symphonic Celebration of Music From the Studio Ghibli Films of Hayao Miyazaki

44) GRAY - Ballerina (Music From the Netflix movie)

43) Allison Russell - The Returner

42) Chapel Hart - Glory Days

41) Brandy Clark - Brandy Clark

40) Varg - Ewige Wacht

39) Nytt Land - Torem

38) Myrkur - Spine

37) Ndlovu Youth Choir - Celebrate

36) Damian Hamada's Creatures - Unmei no Shihaisha

35) JVNA - Play With You

34) Isiliel - Moonbow Genesis

33) DengeL - The Garden of Earthly Delights

32) VNV Nation - Electric Sun

31) New Jeans - New Jeans 2nd EP Get Up

30) Voice of Baceprot - RETAS

29) ArkRoyal - Clymenus

28) Otyken - Phenomenon

27) The Rose - Dual

26) Miyako - Etude Op. 23

25) Kokusyoku Sumire - Zenmaishojobako Circus

24) Mother Tongues - Love in a Vicious Way

23) Pelteras - Peranjakan

22) Reserate - Doomsday EP

21) Bloody Tyrant - Hagakure II

20) Suzi Sabotage - Love at First Bite EP

19) Dessa - Bury the Lede

18) Vintersea - Woven into Ashes

17) yeule - softscars

16) Wagakki Band - I vs I

15) Ave Mujica - Alea jacta est

14) M.E.L.T - M.E.L.T

13) Twilight Blooming - Song of the Warrior

12) Tanya Tucker - Sweet Western Sound

11) Kanga - Under Glass

10) Blonde Redhead - Sit Down For Dinner

9) Moon in June - 2023 release. Title is in Japanese and couldn't find an English translation of it.

8) Vagabon - Sorry I Haven't Called You

7) Slowdive - everything is alive

6) Valkyrie Zero - Attack of Valkyrie

5) Sirenia - 1977

4) Romy - Mid Air

3) Blush - Supercrush

2) Lovebites - Judgement Day

1) Onmyo-Za - Ryuu Doji


Comments

Popular Posts