Album of the Week: EP2 by FKA Twigs

FKA Twigs: EP2

I finally got around to checking out FKA Twigs' 2013 release EP2 (follow up to 2012's EP1 )being that I love her full length album LP1. I was not disappointed with what I had heard from the young artist. I really like this 4 song, fifteen minute opus thus making it my pick for this week's Album of the Week (despite the fact that it is only an EP). FKA (formerly known as) Twigs is certainly not your traditional r and b artist. Her work resembles more of the collaboration of Martina Topley-Bird and Tricky on his Maxinquaye. She also reminds me a bit of  the artist Grimes (who I am also a fan of). Her lyrics are raw and personal. While I love Twigs' latest album, I find myself drawn more to her work on EP2 (as well as EP1). I think her songs have a stronger atmospheric quality to them. The lyrics are not as repetitive as they are on LP1. I do hope in the future, FKA Twigs will release EP1 and EP2 together either as a digital download or on CD. Her songs on both EPs are incredible and definitely needs to be heard.

Comments

Popular Posts