Old and New Favorite Songs

Just a minute ago I finally got around to opening up the latest issue of Rolling Stone magazine. The first thing I was the expert opinion column where artists share their favorite old and new songs. I immediately thought this would make for a really good weekly series on my blog. That is the inspiration of tonight's blog. Enjoy!

Old:
Janet Jackson: Together Again

I have been listening to Janet Jackson's album The Velvet Rope constantly since I checked it out from the library over the weekend. I think it is one of the best pop albums to come out of the 1990s including Madonna's Ray of Light. The album still holds up after nearly 20 years since its release. One of my favorite songs off the album is the super catchy "Together Again". At the time of this song was released as a single, I was into house and trance music. "Together Again" really appealed to me especially the Jonathan Peters remix. After hearing the song for the first time in so many years, I still love "Together Again" as well as The Velvet Rope. Damn shame Janet's work went downhill after that.

Joan Jett and The Blackhearts: I Hate Myself For Loving You

I have been on a Joan Jett kick lately and this is my personal favorite track. She was a badass back then and still is to this very day. Too bad tickets for her concert with The Who is anything but cheap, that and she is just the opening act otherwise I totally would go see her.

Cat Stevens: Father and Son

This is my personal favorite Cat Stevens song. I have been playing it constantly since I borrowed Tea For the Tillerman (the album the song is on) from the library. Such a beautiful ballad.

New:
Junksista: The Truth

I really love the '80s vibe on this track.

Emmon: Smalltown Boy

I absolutely love this cover of Bronski Beat's song by my current favorite electropop act Emmon. I love Emma's vocals on this track in particular but the rest of Aon is fantastic.

Schwarzblut: Bis aufs Blut

Really digging the new Schwarzblut album. "Bis aufs Blut" is what made me a fan of Schwarzblut.

Comments

Popular Posts