Album Of The Week: Cranekiss by Tamaryn

I decided to skip my guilty pleasures of the week for this week and go with my pick of album of the week. It is a little late because I got home from Chicago late Monday night which pushed things back a bit on my blog. For this week's pick is Cranekiss by Tamaryn. As you probably have seen on my Twitter and FB pages, Tamaryn is the opening act for Lush on their current tour. I started listening to her music after Lush announced that she was touring with them but in the past week leading up to my trip to Chicago, I really binge listened to her music. Cranekiss is my favorite of Tamaryn's three albums and is my pick for this week's Album Of The Week.

As much as I enjoy the shoegaze sounds of Tender New Signs and The Waves, I love that Tamaryn goes slightly off the beaten path and more into the dreampop territory. I can really hear her vocals and lyrics which for me gets muddled in the reverb on her other two albums. I definitely say to go check out her music and if you can go see her with Lush. She is fantastic live.

Comments

Popular Posts