Album Of The Week: Looking Skyward by Mesh

For the past week I have been listening to the new Mesh album Looking Skyward. I have to admit I have never been a big Mesh fan. Liked some songs but they never really resonated with me until I heard Looking Skyward. Courtesy of one of the Facebook pages, I heard a couple of songs from the album via youtube and really liked what I had heard. I do think that the album was three songs too long. The last three songs were pretty forgettable IMHO. I felt the melodies were nowhere to be found. This is one of those cases where the less is more approach should have been used. Not every album needs to go over ten songs or the album go over an hour. Flaws aside, I really enjoyed Looking Skyward. I certainly would recommend checking it out.

Comments

Popular Posts