Album Of The Week: Endure by Assemblage 23

For the past couple of days, I have been trying to figure out which album I wanted to post as this week's Album Of The Week Pride and Fall's Red For The Dead - Black For The Mourning or Assemblage 23's Endure. I have been listening to both albums quite a bit for the past 48 hours or more. Ultimately I ended up picking Endure. The new Assemblage 23 album is just too good to not have picked it. Futurepop cannot get any better than what I have heard on Endure. The album is consistently good from the title track all the way down to the Mr.Kitty remix of "Ignorance". Every song has great, memorable pop hooks and club friendly dance beats. The remixes are equally good. I particularly enjoyed both remixes for "Bravery". I'm a bit disappointed that I won't be able to see A23 perform these songs live but shit happens. I am just glad to hear new music from Tom Shears. Endure certainly be included on my end of the year best of list.

Comments

Popular Posts