Album of the week

Back in June, the legendary shoegaze band Curve announced that they were going release remastered versions of their albums Doppelganger and Cuckoo in August. Doppelganger is one of my top ten favorite albums from the '90s. I will post at the end of my tonight's blog entry. I pre-ordered my copy of Doppelganger early so I ended up getting an autographed print from Dean and Toni.


This was so well worth the $19 in American money. I immediately started listening to the album right after work today. It didn't take me very long what was going to be my  album of the week pick on my blog. I should note this bandcamp version is not the remastered version. I have posted the link to buy the album (as well as Cuckoo) below it.

The new version includes some killer mixes on disc one, and on disc two has all three EPs. The music sounds as wonderful as the first time I heard it in college in the early '90s. 25 years later, Doppelganger still sounds fresh and innovative. I will have to listen to the original version of Doppelganger and compare it to the remastered version but so far the remastered music sounds great. I think I will have to order the remastered version of Cuckoo after hearing the new version of Doppelganger. Hopefully Come Clean and Gift will get the same treatment later down the road.



Where to buy Cuckoo and Doppelganger: https://3loopmusic.tmstor.es/CURVE

Comments

Popular Posts