Playlist of the week

For the past few days I have been updating my playlist of my favorite cover songs by various artists and bands. It is a good mix of pop, synthpop, darkwave, trip hop, EBM and everything in between. I have included some obvious faves like Orgy's version of "Blue Monday" (New Order) and Erasure's version of "Take A Chance On Me" by ABBA but I also threw in some unexpected faves like Dolly Parton's cover of Brandi Carlile's "The Story", Sarah Brightman's cover of Dido's "Here With Me", Chvrches' "Call It Off" (Tegan and Sara), and Bella Morte's "My Heart Will Go On" (Celine Dion). I am particularly fond of Chvrches version of "Call It Off". I have been listening to it quite a bit since I heard it over the weekend. I think I need to pre-order the Tegan and Sara tribute album that the song is on. I also added two very different covers of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game", one by Erotic Elk and the other by Lights of Euphoria. Both versions are very good but I really dig the Lights of Euphoria version.

Comments

Popular Posts