Albums and playlists I am currently listening to

Today I went over to the annual fall garage sale at my favorite record store the Electric Fetus. I picked up some singles and CDs. I found a couple of Curve singles, Parallel Dreams by Loreena McKennitt, Exit Popularity Contest by Apoptygma Berzerk, and Vivaldi's The Four Seasons. I only paid $5.39 for purchases. They certainly worth every penny. I am a long time fan of Loreena McKennitt so it was a no brainer to me to buy Parallel Album. It is a beautiful album. Same can be said about The Four Seasons by Vivaldi. I have been very curious about the new Apop album but it is not available for streaming on Spotify so to find a copy for $1 was a real steal. I actually enjoyed the album. Sure beats that last two pieces of shit that Stephan Groth released (Me and You Against the World and Rocket Science), and no I am not sorry for being that brutally honest.

This past week I actually listened to quite a few albums and not a whole lot to my playlists asides from the usual suspects. After reading up on the Xandria debacle in which now former singer Dianne was shown the door by her former bandmates (and they even had the balls to message her saying that they are not friends), I had to check out her other band Ex Libris, a progressive metal band. From what I have heard Ex Libris the music is pretty good but I definitely need to listen to more of it to allow the music to grow on me. Damn shame Dianne's time in Xandria was short lived and the guys were complete dicks to her on social media. Yeah, that band lost a fan in me.

I almost forgot that Metric's Emily Haines has a new album out called Choir of the Mind. I really wanted to like it however I just found the music to be too mellow for my tastes. Plus I like Emily's work with Metric more so.

My favorite album at the moment is the new Inkubus Sukkubus album. It is absolutely delightful to listen and I do recommend checking it out. Another excellent goth album I also recommend checking out is The Spiritual Bat's Your Own World (and the Vision of Sound).

Albums:
Apoptygma Berzerk: Exit Popularity Contest





















Playlists:






Comments

Popular Posts