Current favorite songs of the week

For the first time in a long time this summer I have had a pretty good week. My mood has been pretty good this week. No one pissed me off for once. LOL! Got another appointment booked at 4Points Body Gallery, got a new project to work on at the office (and I hate to sound petty but I hope my teammate who slacks off is annoyed), and my property tax refund was deposited in my bank account this week so it has been a good week for me.

I have quite a few new songs on this week's playlist. I am completely loving the new Inkubus Sukkubus album Belas Knap Tales of Witchcraft and Wonder, Vol.2.  "Gallows Lane" is my current favorite song off the album.

If you haven't hear the new Zola Jesus album Okovi, I definitely recommend checking it out. It is soooo good. All the songs are great but I currently digging the track "Ash to Bone". Might have to go to her upcoming show at Amsterdam Bar and Hall next month.

One of my top five favorite songs at the moment is Chvrches cover of Tegan and Sara's "Call It Off" from an upcoming album of artists covering songs off the Tegan and Sara album The Con. I have listened to both Chvrches version as well as Tegan and Sara's version. I like both versions a lot but as a synthpop fan, I have to admit Chvrches' version has a special place in my heart.

Other great cover songs I have included on this playlist is "Open Your Heart"  (Madonna) performed by The Birthday Massacre, and "I Melt With You"(Modern English) performed by Natalie Imbruglia. I am particularly a big fan of TBM's' cover of the classic Madonna song. Gotta love the crunchy guitar riffs.

I almost forgot until this week that the Italian goth band The Spiritual Bat has a new album Your Own World (and the Vision of Sound), it is very good so check it out. My favorite song of the album "Caress the Scar" is featured on this week's playlist.

The more I listen to the new Arch Enemy album Will to Power, the more it grows on me.

I have been listening a lot to Xandria lately, well their releases featuring their now ex-singer Dianne van Giersbergen. If you haven't heard about what happened, Dianne got kicked out of the band because she needed time to take care of her physical health. The band wasn't hearing none of it. They gave some ridiculous excuse on their Facebook page and needless to say, I am not a fan of them anymore. Who on earth goes through five singers in less than ten years? Talk about ridiculous. Anyways, Dianne was why I started to listen to Xandria. I think she is the only singer that can come close to former Nightwish singer Tarja Turunen. I have included their song "Come With Me" from their album Sacrificium, the first Xandria album I bought.

Believe it or not, I have thrown in a couple country/western songs. Not a huge Dixie Chicks album but I admit some of their music is super catchy. I am particularly fond of "Everybody Knows". The other song is from the sisters Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer from their album Not So Dark which probably will end up in my top 10 best of list.

Comments

Popular Posts