Current favorite songs of the week

Believe it or not I got quite a bit of new music on this week's playlist along with some oldies but goodies.

Today L7 released a new song called "Dispatch From Mar-a-Lago". I think we all know who that song is referring to ;). This is new music from the band in many years. I was not disappointed. It is classic L7.

Former Nightwish singer Anette Olzon has a new project called The Dark Element. They have a couple of songs out that you can find on Spotify. My personal favorite track is "My Sweet Mystery". I am really glad to see her back in the swing of the things in the music business considering how poorly received her excellent solo album Shine sold (I personally LOVED it).

Another new song I am currently digging is by one of my favorite '90s bands Qkumba Zoo.  It has been seven years since the duo has released new music. I love the mix of electronic and folk music.

The other day the name Aubri Doe popped up in my news feed on FB. I then found her album Sleeping Symphony on Spotify. I was definitely impressed with what I had heard from the teenager. She has a beautiful voice.

I am really enjoying the new Chelsea Wolfe album Hiss Spun lately. I wasn't crazy about her previous album but her new album is fantastic.Very dark and noisy. I might have to go to her show at The Turf Club next month.

I haven't listened to the entire Tori Amos album Native Invaders but so far I am liking what I have heard so far. I have included the opening track "Reindeer King" which is a seven minute opus. It is a beautiful song. I will have to listen to the album in its entirety sometime this weekend.


Comments

Popular Posts