Playlist of the week

Only on a Monday would the weather suck so much. Temperatures were only in the 50s and it was raining when I left work this afternoon so I got wet while waiting for my bus. When I got home this afternoon, I decided to put together this playlist for this dreary weather. On the upside, my fall allergies are nowhere to be seen and heard unlike yesterday. LOL!

I have a mix bag of music ranging from Ashram to VNV Nation, some goth to synthpop. I avoided adding some trip hop because I felt it would be too obvious. The closest is Goldfrapp's "Paper Bag", one of my favorite tracks off their classic Felt Mountain. Also threw on the gorgeous cover of "Hotel California" by Noblesse Oblige. Not a fan of the original but this version sounds amazing as a electropop song. Of course I had to throw in some standard post punk songs by the likes of The Cure and The Sisters of Mercy. Of course you know damn well I had to throw in some Autumn (along with some Dead Can Dance) into the mix. I will let the entire playlist  speak for itself but I will say that it does capture the mood of the weather where I live as I sit at my desk typing this blog entry while listening to my new playlist.

Comments

Popular Posts