Album of the Week

When I think of the post-punk/darkwave scene, all of the bands that immediately comes to my mind are Euro-centric (meaning white). In my never-ending exploration in the music scene in the continent of Asia, I have been unlearning my perception of the genre, and finding bands like Camlann, Sonicave,  The Horror Club, Zelda (RIP), Re-Tros, and Backspace. 

Last year, I discovered the Indonesian darkwave band Camlann through Spotify. They had 2 albums out The Forgotten Lost Fragments and Circa 1983 . I became an instant fan when I heard "Father Figure" for the first time. Now a duo, Camlann recently released their third album Train to 86th Street. The new album pays tribute to the 1970s disco era. This album did not disappoint this new fan. The album goes by really quickly but it is always a great excuse to listen to it again. 

Comments

Popular Posts