Concerts I have attended

For the first time since the pandemic began, I actually hauled my butt to a couple of shows. At the end of April, I went to see Rina Sawayama. It took a couple of years of rescheduling but I finally saw Rina live. Her opening act was DJ Yasmeenah, not the original opening act who for some reason had to drop out.







I chose a horrible spot to stand after I got a shirt and a beverage so my take on the entire experience was not a positive one but I am glad I went. I hope if and when Rina comes back to town, she picks a larger venue. Even First Avenue was too small.

Friday night, I saw Nightwish with Beast in Black at The Fillmore. I really liked The Fillmore, it is a beautiful venue. I also liked that Stormking brewpub was a block away. I got some food before the show.Unlike the Rina show, I did get a fairly decent view (except for the mother and son duo who took 60 second videos on their phones for every damn song through out Nightwish's set, I really wanted to punch the back of the mother's head). Really enjoyed Beast in Black's set. I kinda wish I went to their show instead of Rina Sawayama's show on 4/29. They are a really great power metal band reminiscent of Judas Priest and Iron Maiden, with a dash of Sabaton.






Here is the set list to their Minneapolis Show at The Fillmore. I even made a playlist to their show. I have included the original songs along with live versions with Floor's vocals.

Comments

Popular Posts