Music That Has Been Giving Me Joy

I am not going to lie, the last few weeks with recent mass shootings in Buffalo (NY), Laguna Woods (CA), and now Uvalde (TX) hasn't done wonders for my mood (and the recent sudden deaths of Andy Fletcher of Depeche Mode and actor Ray Liotta hasn't helped either). The past few days I have been trying to distract myself with music. I thought I would share the music that has been providing me some solace in these dark days.

I recently discovered that my one of my top favorite J-metal bands Ancient Myth finally made the recent releases ArcheoNyx and Ambrosian Blood available to listen to on Spotify for their fans outside of Japan. While I do own copies of these releases, I am excited that I can now put songs from them on my playlists. I also strongly recommend to readers to check out these releases.




Earlier this week, I discovered the Thai pop group 4Mix. They are like BTS and Monsta X but from Thailand. They are making their US debut at this weekend's Minnesota Songkran Festival (Thai New Year) at the state capital. I just had to check out what music they have put out which is 3 singles since they are a new group. I have been listening to their single "Roller Coaster" every day this week. The song is a massive bop. I am going to try to catch their set on Saturday afternoon. I really hope for the best for this group and that they will attain the similar success like their East Asian peers.


I finally got my order from Famined Records. Back in March, I pre-ordered a t-shirt/CD combo of Windrunner's new album Tan. Because of supply chain issues, there was a delay in getting my order. Today I finally got my order. I was delighted to see the label included a free copy of their first album Mai. That totally made my day. Windrunner is a metalcore band from Vietnam. I discovered the band last year when I was searching for metal bands from Vietnam (where I am from). Windrunner was the first Vietnamese metal bands I found. Immediately became a fan. The new singer Nan is fantastic. She has a great voice. Duong Boi will always have a place in my heart as the band's original singer and I wish her well with her education and post-education life.  

Comments

Popular Posts