Souless Affection with The Rope

Here is a slide show of photos I took last night at Ground Zero. It was Souless Affection's final Twin Cities appearance.



The Rope started the show and I was impressed. I really liked their sound. They reminded me a mixture of Bella Morte and The Misfits minus the intimidating, ominous image of both bands. I hope to catch them live more often in the near future.

As for Souless Affection, I have always loved this local aggrotech act since I first saw them in 2008 at Ground Zero when they opened up for Angels on Acid. Souless Affection really impressed me with their aggressive music. They also showed me that the local music scene in the Twin Cities doesn't totally suck. I have mixed feelings about the band moving. I am sad that I won't be able to see them live again (at least for a long time) but at the same time the underground electronica scene in the Twin Cities is on constant life support IMO and SA is too good for the Twin Cities. It is difficult to make any money on concerts that features the kind of bands I enjoy (i.e industrial and synthpop).  Well whatever happens to Souless Affection, I wish them nothing but the best.

Comments

Popular Posts