Albums I am currently listening to

Conjure One

I used to own the first C1 album years ago but due to my financial mess I was in at the time, I had to sell it. Since then I missed listening to the album until recently when I won the auction for the limited edition 2 CD version of the self-titled Conjure One album. Ten years later, the album still sounds fresh and new especially this track "Sleep".


The Frozen Autumn: Emotional Screening Device

Ever since I got the latest album by the Italian darkwave band The Frozen Autumn, I have been hooked on their music. I was so excited when I found out not long ago that their album Emotional Screening Device was going to be re-released. Guess who got a copy? LOL. Emotional Screening Device is my 2nd favorite album by the band, the other being Chirality. If you haven't hear of the band, I definitely recommend checking out their music. I love them.


Moonlight Cove: Hearts of the World

If you haven't heard of this band or their music, you should now. I heard several tracks from their new album on youtube which compelled me to order my own copy (Take that Emily White!). This is probably going to be in my top 10 favorite (synthpop) albums of 2012.


VNV Nation: Burning Empires

A couple of weekends ago, I found a used copy of Burning Empires for $8 at Cheapo records. While I had a burned copy of the rare, out of print EP, I always wanted the actual product. Much to my delight, I found it. What a steal. $8. Fuck yes!

Grendel: Prescription Medicine

While at Cheapo, I also found this Grendel cd. As a new fan, I had to get it. I must say I really have been enjoying Grendel's music quite a bit lately since I first heard a preview of their latest album (prior to its release).

Lacuna Coil: Dark Adrenaline

Dark Adrenaline is the first LC album where I am not bored to tears with the music. The music has better melodies than on the band's' last few albums.

Metric: Synthetica

I just love the new Metric album Synthetica. I have been playing it constantly since I bought the album 2 weeks ago. My favorite track? "Breathing Underwater".

I can hardly wait to see the band this September.

Caustic: I Can't Believe We're Re-Releasing This Crap

I bought this album last Monday when Caustic performed at The Saloon for Hard Mondays. I was really impressed with his live performance as I was with this collection of his earlier music. I definitely plan on buying his next album when it comes out later this year. When Matt performed a couple of songs at the show last Monday, I was totally blown away by them. I also want to get his most recent album too.

Comments

Popular Posts