Music that needs to be heard

Today a friend of mine sent me a link to this northern Minnesota band called The Electric Witch which featured their latest album We See the Shapes.

I thought this was a really good album. I would recommend reading this article from the Duluth Reader to get a better idea of the music. Personally I would say the music is somewhere in the vein of Daft Punk and Air, with a hint of Goldfrapp during Black Cherry era.

Pegasus Asteroid

I just downloaded the new Pegasus Asteroid EP The Fog. It is fantastic. The music has a nice '80s vibe. What a great discovery in this new year.

Moon and Pollution

One of my new favorite local bands.


I absolutely love this tribute album to De/Vision. It is also a great place to discover some new synthpop artists to check out. I so recommend checking out this album. Also Skyqode is a record label worth checking out.

Orphan Mothers

Great little Canadian band. Their sound reminds me quite a bit of Tiny Deaths and Aby Wolf.

Comments

Popular Posts