Albums and Playlists I am Currently Listening to

Albums:














Playlist:










This week I have been listening a lot to the soundtrack to the new Guardians of the Galaxy film. It is so good. I love the mix of classic rock, country, folk, r and b, and soul music. The film is as good as the soundtrack. I also been listening a lot to the Concrete Blonde compilation I bought last weekend along with the GOTG soundtrack. The compilation is a great reminder how great Concrete Blonde was.

I was at Target today and I heard Tegan and Sara's album Heartthrob playing. It had been awhile since I listened to the album. Heartthrob is such a great pop album. I was never big on the duo's previous sound but when I heard this album when it first came out, I quickly became a fan.This foray into pop music was a smart move for the duo. They gained new fans in the process. The album is still good now as it was when it first came out. Their latest album Love You to Death (not a misspelling) is just as good.

Speaking of pop albums that I love, About U is another fave of mine. The lyrics are well written and do not come off as silly but thoughtful and serious at times with a a dash of angst. The melodies really get into my head and stay there.

Been neglecting Sabaton's album Heroes for awhile. Listened to it yesterday at work. This album is easily one of my favorite heavy metal albums of all time. First discovered them when they opened up for Nightwish in 2015 at their Chicago show. That was awesome show. They really impressed me a bunch. The timing of their recent tour didn't allow me to see them when they were in town. Maybe another time. I need to go back to their latest album and listen to it again.

While at work yesterday, I discovered the album Northern Lights by  Cantus. It is a choral album. At the time (which was in the morning), I really wasn't in much of a mood for the usual stuff I listen to and decided to find some classical music. Came across Northern Lights. Normally I don't listen to music that is more mellow but I enjoyed listening to these young women sing.

The Hating Tree by Autumn is one of those albums I can listen to over and over again, and not get sick of it. Whenever I am not in the mood for newer music in my collection, I just turn to that album by the Minneapolis trio.

If you haven't of Purple Fog Side, you should now. Their new album The Dischord is so damn good. It is definitely one of my favorite releases of 2017, not to mention one of my favorite synthpop releases of the year.

Comments

Popular Posts