Playlist of the Week

Since I posted my review of Sunday night's concert at The Cabooze with The Birthday Massacre with Sumo Cyco, and Army of the Universe on yesterday (i.e Monday), I decided to push back my Playlist of the Week a day. Last week I had been on an '80s kick, and created second mix of '80s music. This time I did not keep the playlist to just new wave music. I did include some pop and hard rock through out the playlist. I have been enjoying the hell out of this new mix. I have fallen back in love with a good number of songs on this mix like OMD's "Dreaming", "Everlasting Love" by Howard Jones, and my personal fave from the Footloose soundtrack Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out For a Hero". It is funny in a good way that as cheesy as some of these songs are (i.e Starship's "Nothing's Gonna Stop us Now") the songs still holds up to the test of time to this music fan. Maybe it is the nostalgic factor that makes me love even the cheesiest songs from the decade but listening to this playlist (and my other '80s playlist) makes my work day go by quicker.

Comments

Popular Posts