Earworm of the Week

All this week, I have been listening a lot to "Little Victories" by the singer/songwriter Darden Smith. I have found myself re-connecting with the lyrics to the song therefore have to listen to it constantly. After that hit and run incident almost two weeks ago, my mood has been on a roller coaster ride. I have found great comfort in the lyrics as well as in Darden's voice. Every now and then I need to give myself a break from the industrial, goth, and synthpop music I listen to every day.

This beautiful ballad has been a long time favorite of mine since 1993, either when I was finishing high school or as a freshman in college. Might have been when I was a senior in high school. I remember first hearing the song on Cities 97 when the station still played some interesting music. After 24 years, "Little Victories" still sounds wonderful and certainly has not aged a bit.

Comments

Popular Posts