My 10 favorite releases from 1989

Tonight on FB, The Current 89.3 posed the question "What was your favorite release from 1989?" to coincide with tonight's The Time Machine. I decided to list my favorite albums from 1989 here on my blog.

The Cure: Disintegration


Belinda Carlisle: Runaway Horses


Loreena McKennitt: Parallel Dreams


Xymox: Twist of Shadows


Mary Chapin Carpenter: State of the Heart


Innocence Mission: Innocence Mission


Phantom Blue: Phantom Blue


Kate Bush: The Sensual World


Madonna: Like a Prayer


New Order: Technique


I should note that this list is not in order. I included a couple of guilty pleasures from my youth like Phantom Blue's first album and Mary Chapin Carpenter's State of the Heart. I have to admit that most of the music I listened in 1989 was atrocious and when I got older, got rid of those albums. Most of these albums here on the list I discovered as an adult.

Comments

Popular Posts