Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My 10 favorite releases from 1989

Tonight on FB, The Current 89.3 posed the question "What was your favorite release from 1989?" to coincide with tonight's The Time Machine. I decided to list my favorite albums from 1989 here on my blog.

The Cure: Disintegration


Belinda Carlisle: Runaway Horses


Loreena McKennitt: Parallel Dreams


Xymox: Twist of Shadows


Mary Chapin Carpenter: State of the Heart


Innocence Mission: Innocence Mission


Phantom Blue: Phantom Blue


Kate Bush: The Sensual World


Madonna: Like a Prayer


New Order: Technique


I should note that this list is not in order. I included a couple of guilty pleasures from my youth like Phantom Blue's first album and Mary Chapin Carpenter's State of the Heart. I have to admit that most of the music I listened in 1989 was atrocious and when I got older, got rid of those albums. Most of these albums here on the list I discovered as an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment