Albums I am currently listening to

Epsilon Minus: Epsilon Minus

Epsilon Minus was Jennifer Parkin's previous band before she started Ayria. I have been meaning to get their music for a few years. Finally got one of their albums when I pre-ordered the awesome compilation Absolute Grrrls Manifesto from Alfa Matrix. I was not disappointed with Epsilon Minus' album. The music really isn't that different from what Jennifer is doing with Ayria. I definitely think their music is worth checking out especially if you dig Ayria.


Absolute Grrrls Manifesto compilation

I think it goes without saying that I love this four CD compilation from Alfa Matrix. I have already written reviews for the first three discs. I will get to the fourth tomorrow or Thursday. Definitely check it out.


Blaqk Audio: Bright Black Heaven

I recently picked up the new Blaqk Audio CD from the library over the weekend. I really like the new album, definitely moreso than the first album.


William Orbit: Pieces of a Modern Style

I bought this album a few weeks ago at Cheapo records because I had missed having a copy to listen to. I was fortunate to find a really cheap used copy. I think the music still holds up very well. Still love this album now as much as I did when I first heard it several years ago.


Chill Out in Paris 1

This was the other CD I had bought during the same trip I bought the William Orbit CD. Before I got into goth and industrial music big time, I was really into chill out/downtempo music. I was a big fan of the Buddha Bar and Chill Out in Paris compilations. I picked up the first Chill Out in Paris compilation on a whim. I definitely prefer the more laid back disc (disc 1) over the more club-orientated sounds of disc 2 but overall good compilation.



Prissy Clerks: Bruise or Be Bruised

Prissy Clerks is a local rock band from the Twin Cities. Their brand of indie pop/rock isn't what I usually listen to but I decided to check out their music after reading about them on numerous local websites. I really like what I have heard. I certainly will have to go see them live in the near future.

Comments

Popular Posts