New songs/videos of the week

Conjure One: Under the Gun

I can finally say I have heard the original mix of the new Conjure One song "Under the Gun". I also can say I hate the song too. I'll be brutally honest. I have never been a fan of Leigh Nash. Her vocals have always comes off shrill to my ears. I am also disappointed in the lack of melodies in the song. If this is a sign of what to expect from the next Conjure One album, I will definitely NOT be buying it. Also, I'm rather tired of seeing C1 and Delerium work with her. How about working with women like Alison Goldfrapp, Eleni Alice Fossi of Kirlian Camera, Helen from Ladytron, or the women from the Greek synthpop group Marsheaux? Time to break out of the rut and work with other artists.

THYX - Network of Light

The new THYX single "Network of Light" definitely makes up for the atrociousness of the Conjure One song. I really like the layers of sounds on this song as well as the vocals.

[debut]: Starting to Love It

I came across this video on youtube today. Chris Corner of IAMX directed the video. This video is my favorite of the group I have posted here tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts