Album of the Week: Floodland by The Sisters of Mercy

Floodland is one of the few albums I would own on and off through out the years (i.e had to sell my copies for much needed cash). Last weekend I found the 2006 remastered version of Floodland at Cheapo. Since it is not available for streaming on Spotify, I ended up leaving the store with the album. I honestly like this version more. The remastering has definitely improved the sound quality of the music. Having not heard the album in so many years (definitely under a decade), the music still sounds as fresh and new to these ears. The additional tracks are okay but I don't know if they were really necessary to include on the album.

I think I was first introduced to The Sisters of Mercy via an online friend I would often chat with on a now defunct message board many, many, many moons ago. She put a couple of songs on some mixed cds she made for me. It did not take me very long to fall in love with their sound. I eventually ended up buying a copy of Floodland. When I listened to it the first time in many years last weekend, I found myself falling in love with the music all over again. I definitely have no plans on selling this album ever again. The album is so damn good.

Comments

Popular Posts