Playlist of the week

I have been updating my work/commute soundtrack playlist that I listen to on my commute going to work/going home as well as at the office. It is my most played playlist. A lot of the songs are favorite tracks that I love binging on and have yet get sick of listening to. I felt that I was clogging up my weekly Current Favorite Songs playlist with those songs so I created a separate playlist. I love listening to this playlist because it makes my commute and work day go by fairly quickly. It is a mixed bag of pop, alternative, goth, symphonic metal, synth, EBM, and whatever else under the sun.

It is pretty obvious that I am rather partial to Autumn - U.S band, Ashbury Heights, CHROMSocial Distortion, and White Lies. What else can I say? I have my personal faves whose music I can't stop listening to. LOL! Seriously right now I am totally digging Autumn's song "Red" from their album Return to the Breath. I am particularly fond of Julie's talents as a pianist. Her work on that song (as well as the ending for the 11 minute epic "The Hating tree") is amazing. Not only is she freaking talented as a singer but also as a pianist.

I am generally not a country music fan but there are a few artists I do enjoy like Rosanne Cash and Kasey Chambers. I have been a fan of Kasey since I first heard "Not Pretty Enough". Been a fan since then. She reminds me a bit of a young Lucinda Williams. I just love that she is not Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, or every other female country-pop star under the damn sun. Her music is so raw and powerful. As for Rosanne Cash, I am not necessarily a huge fan of all of her music but she has churned out some great albums like The Wheel, Rules of Travel, and The River and The Thread. Rosanne definitely inherited her father's talents as a musician.

Lately I have been listening to quite a bit of Imogen Heap/Frou Frou. Imogen Heap has such a unique voice. I like that raspiness of her voice.

Of course I had to throw in some oldies but goodies like Siouxsie and The Banshees' "This Wheel's On Fire", The Bangles' "If She Knew What She Wants", Belinda Carlisle's "Summer Rain", and The Cure's "In Between Days". Those songs have never aged one bit with me, especially "If She Knew What She Wants" which I think showcases The Bangles' talents as a band when it comes to harmonizing together.

Comments

Popular Posts