My Current Favorite Songs

I have been in weird mood all week when it comes to music. My long, continuous bad mood through out the work week probably contributed a lot to it. I got little country music by the likes of Mary Chapin Carpenter and Allison Moorer, some pop music by Seal and LIGHTS, a little post-punk by The Rope, Echo and The Bunnymen, and The Eden House, and lots of EBM.

One of my current favorite songs at the moment is "Irony" by Frozen Plasma. This song is as catchy as "Return" by NamNambulu. Ironically Frozen Plasma is Vasi Vallis' other project so of course his knack for cranking out a catchy melody is all over "Irony".

Tonight I just listened to the latest De/Vision album 13 for the first time in a long time. I will confess it is not my favorite De/Vision album but it does have a some solid tracks on it. I have included my favorite track is the last track on 13 called "The Firing Line". I'm bummed that the De/Vision and Beborn Beton tour isn't happening because acquiring work visas in this country is getting more difficult for foreign bands. Gee I can't imagine why that is?

Got a couple of tracks by a couple of local bands from the twin cities The Rope and Graveyard Club. Can't make a playlist without including some local music ;). I am particuarly fond of "The Silence" by The Rope. Just been listening the hell out of that song this week.

Considering the shit mood I have been in this week, some of my favorite music to cheer me up tends to be music outside the EBM/Futurepop genres. "Never Had It So Good" by Mary Chapin Carpenter has always been one of my all time favorite songs (regardless of genre). The lyrics may be depressing as hell but perhaps that is why I find great comfort in them this week.

I have been listening a lot to the Dum Dum Girls this week. My absolutely favorite track is "Are You Okay?" from their Too True album. It is so ridiculously infectious. It is such a great earworm to have stuck in one's head, and the lyrics are so simple that anyone can sing along with the song.

Comments

Popular Posts