Album of the week

I am sure my readers will be surprised by this week's pick David Gray's Best of collection. I can't help it. I have been listening to the compilation since I picked it up from the library last weekend. It is weird though I really wasn't a big fan of David Gray back in the late '90s although I liked a couple of songs off White Ladder. Over a decade later, I was surprised to find myself enjoying his music immensely and without any embarrassment. I have been in such a shit mood lately for various reasons I won't get into but The Best of David Gray seems to do some good for me. I almost forgot how much I love the song "The One I Love" which I find myself listening to a lot this week. The song has really great pop hooks that sticks in my head for hours on end. I also find myself enjoying songs that I once found to be annoyed with because they got played to death on the radio like "Sail Away" and "Please Forgive Me". I thought the songs I hadn't heard before like David's duet with LeAnn Rimes "Snow in Vegas" were excellent too.

Comments

Popular Posts