My current favorite songs of the week

I really wasn't sure if I was going to post my latest mix tonight since I went to see the Justice League but in the end I decided to do it. I have included quite a bit of new music.

Tarja's new winter album From Spirits and Ghosts (Score for a Dark Christmas) just came out today. I got to listen to it today after work and I enjoyed it immensely. Another album that was released today was Cosmic Armchair's debut album Contact. I have been waiting for this album to come out for some time. I discovered them online like 3-4 years ago. Definitely well worth the wait.  I have included a track from both albums.

I almost forgot that Amberian Dawn and Aurelio Voltaire have new albums out so I listened to those albums this week along with the new albums by Mind.in.a.Box and Primitive Race. I will be brutally honest, I was not particularly keen on the Primitive Race album. I need a bit more time on the MIB album but I do particularly enjoy the song "Coming Down". I am though digging the new Amberian Dawn album a lot.

I am thoroughly enjoying the self-titled album by The Dark Element, the new band that features ex-Nightwish singer Anette Olzon. There are a lot of great songs on the album but the last track on the album "Only One Who Knows Me" is my personal fave.

I know I included "Mimi Forms" from Astronomique on last week's playlist but I have been listening to it on a daily basis (just like Autumn's "The Fall" EP). It is a great song. Glad to see the band come out with some new tunes before the year's end.

Threw a few oldies but goodies on the playlist like "Mysterious Times" by Sash! featuring Tina Cousins on vocals, "Steep" by Lauren Christy, "The Cruelest Year" by Assemblage 23 (I think if there is one song that would sum up 2017 for me it is this song), "Even Now" by Autumn, "Roselake" by Elane, and "Star of the Sea' by Mediaeval Baebes.

Comments

Popular Posts