My current favorite songs of the week

Saturday I am going out of town for the weekend for some much needed rest and relaxation. I won't be blogging from Saturday through Monday. I figured I would just post my playlist of my favorite songs today and tomorrow my list of music and podcasts I have listened to this week.

In honor of tonight's show with The Foreign Resort and Panic Priest, I have included tracks by both post-punk bands. I am excited to see them live. It has been several years since I last saw The Foreign Resort. Tonight will be my first time seeing Panic Priest live. This will be a great show.

Got a lot of new music on this week's playlist ranging from The Chemical Brothers to Wingtips. I even added some KPOP by BLACKPINK and BTS. To be honest, I prefer BLACKPINK over BTS. Not sure why BTS is so popular. Their music is meh to me for the most part. There were a couple of songs I dug but overall I fail to see the hype over them but you know what I am thrilled to see a group of Asians taking over  American pop culture. I do see the appeal of KPOP though. I really love the catchy sound of the women in BLACKPINK. That music I can dig. It is super catchy AF.

Unlike last week, this week I got a lot more new music ranging from The Chemical Brothers to Wingtips. The music is quite diverse from the dancehall/reggae/EDM/jazz sounds of La Dame Blanche to the shoegaze sounds of Westkust.  Despite my lukewarm opinions of BTS as a whole, I do love their song "Mikrokosmos". I will take that song over anything by on pop radio right now.

Songs to check out:
"Desert Rose" by Golden Gardens
"Boombayah" by BLACKPINK
"Hearts Fade Out" by The Foreign Resort
"Drive" by Westkust
"Eh La Bas" by Leyla McCalla, The Special men
"Deaf Pursuit" by Wingtips
"Sideways" by Panic Priest
"Mikrokosmos" by BTS

Comments

Popular Posts