My current favorite songs of the week

It's Friday and tomorrow I am going to see Endgame in the morning. The wait to see the new Avengers film has been as unbearable as the wait for my trip to Chicago last weekend. For a short work week, I listened to quite a bit of interesting new music.

Just the other day FKA Twigs dropped a new song called "Cellophane". I was wondering if and when she was going to release some new music. I was not disappointed. It is a lovely ballad. Very sensual, trip hoppish sounding.

I am a little late to the party but I finally listened to "Juice" by Lizzo. Holy hell! Is that song super fun to listen to. "Juice" definitely sparks joy to me when I listen to it. The song has so much energy and bounce to it, it is hard not to love the song. I am so glad that Lizzo is finally getting some attention from the rest of the country. I have been a fan of her since her days in Grrrrl Prty. To see that her live shows are selling out makes me happy. She is a hoot to watch.

The Rope has a new album out called Lillian. I just started listening to it yesterday and I was so not disappointed in the new album. My current favorite song off the new album is "Gravity".

If you haven't heard of Makthaverskan, you should now. They are one of my new favorite bands (from Sweden). A couple of the band members are members of my other favorite new band Westkust.  Makthaverskan's is energetic and has some fantastic pop hooks. "Asleep" is my current favorite song by the band. It is off their second album II.

Solveig Matthildur from Kaelan Mikla has a new solo album out called Constantly in Love. It is excellent.

Just yesterday, NPR made Rhiannon Giddens's new album with Francesco Turrisi There Is No Other available for streaming. I have been listening to it every hour. I don't think Rhiannon can put out a bad album. I definitely recommend listening to "He Will See You Through". It is a nice way to close out the album.

Songs to Check Out:
"Cellophane" by FKA Twigs
"Juice" by Lizzo
"Gravity" by The Rope
"Your Desperation" by Solveig  Matthildur
"Send Your Heart to the Riot" by The Foreign Resort
"Snowdrop" by Altai Kai

Comments

Popular Posts