Playlist of the week

I created this playlist some time ago, either in late February or early March. While editing my Random Mix playlist, I decided to create a playlist of songs I am constantly listening to and often have to listen to over and over again. Because my Random Mix playlist is like over 100 songs long, I would often have to wait forever to hear one of my beloved favorite tunes to come on thus the creation of this playlist. There is a good mix of old and new songs.

My taste in music as of lately have been all over the place ranging from the Americana (folk/country/blues) sounds of Rhiannon Giddens and Amythyst Kiah to Swedish post punk sounds of Westkust and Hurula. I am also digging the dancehall/reggae sounds of La Dame Blanche and Spice. To be honest my interest in industrial music has been waning for the past couple of years. Still love the sounds of Hanzel und Gretyl and Promidal but as a whole, the genre has not been that compelling to me. I do love me some post-punk and darkwave music but lately I finding other genres far more interesting to listen to.

Songs to check out:
"Moon Meets the Sun" by Our Native Daughters
"Lovers in Love" by Lindi Ortega
"Waterboy" by Rhiannon Giddens
"Dark Holler" by Amythyst Kiah
"Daylight" by Westkust
"The Promise You Made" by Felix Marc, Lis van den Akker
"Sjalvmedicinering" by Hurula

Comments

Popular Posts