What I am currently listening to

Podcast wise: Right now Casefile is in the process of airing a five part series on the Belanglo serial killer, it is so compelling. The podcast just posted part three. Casefile is one of two TC podcasts that I listen to now. I am over true crime for the most part.

I love Ugly Delicious (David Chang's Netflix show) but David's podcast is the very opposite. One episode can be quite good but then the next episode boring as hell. His new episode with Aaron Franklin was surprisingly good unlike the previous episode. I do wish David would feature more women of color on his podcast. Whenever he has women on, it is mostly white women. The last woman he had on his podcast was his chef from his latest restaurant in NYC. I really can't forgive David for allowing his guest Bill Simmons make a crack at well known BBQ restaurant owner Rodney Scott by asking if Rodney was black, and David didn't call him out on that bigoted joke. Really tired of the whiteness on The David Chang Show. Oh and why does he feature more men of color and less women of color? It is just so disappointing.

On the up side, I do love The Unofficial with Sydnee Washington and Marie Faustin, two of the funniest women in comedy. On each episode the women have a guest from their world of comedy come on the show and talk about what he or she is an expert in, from being blonde to being a landlord. Funny shit. I also love how Sydnee and Marie will roast each other.

I have mixed feelings about the Missing Maura Murray Podcast. I think they contribute to the dark tourism culture. People go to the area of New Hampshire where Maura Murray disappeared and make a nuisance out of themselves with the locals. Their intentions are well meaning and they seem to have done a lot of good with the search for Maura. Some of the episodes are interesting and some so unnecessary.

Music-wise: last weekend Moana and the live action of Beauty and The Beast was on cable so that got me in the mood for their music. After listening to the new Rammstein song "DEUTSCHLAND" which really kicks ass, my interest in the band was reinvigorated this past week. I didn't like their last two studio albums but their first three albums is another story. I hope their upcoming new album will sound more like their earlier albums.

Listened to the new Blaqk Audio album. What a massive disappointment. I so not recommend it. Nails on chalkboard.

The new Felix Marc album Substance is finally growing on me. Still no Alternative Facts but I am enjoying Substance a lot more than the first time I heard the album.

Podcasts:
Casefile: True Crime Podcast
The Vanished Podcast
The Cheryl Reeve Show
The David Chang Show
Missing Maura Murray Podcast
Fake the Nation
The Unofficial Expert with Sydnee Washington and Marie Faustin

Albums:
































Playlists:














Comments

Popular Posts