Album of the Week

Over the weekend, I discovered the Japanese death metal band Serenity in Metal via Spotify. They now have a new singer named Ayumu . She is on the band's new album Reborn. Their former singer Emi was on their first three albums until she chose to leave the band in 2018 (I think).  The new album is great however I decided for this week's Album of the Week , I will go with the band's first album The First Frisson of the World. It was the first album I listened to by the band which made me a fan automatically. Just like the Chinese death metal band Ephemerality, Serenity in Metal reminds me so much of Arch Enemy. Like Arch Enemy, Serenity in Metal's music is both heavy AF and has great melodies. Overall kick ass death metal music that America needs to hear.

You can listen to all of Serenity in Metal's albums on their Bandcamp page: https://serenityinmurder.bandcamp.com/ . Spotify only has their first 2 albums.

Comments

Popular Posts