My 10 favorite albums for the Month of May

Now that May is winding now, I thought I would post my 10 favorite albums for the month. May has been an amazing month for music. I have spent over $250 on imported music from Japan. I recently got the most recent albums by Schonberg and Grand Finale, my 2 favorite symphonic metal bands from Japan. Their albums Baroque Gravity and Quantum Moment are featured on this list. They were so worth the gobs of money I spent on them and for the shipping and handling of my order.  I discovered both bands via YouTube. I have a bit of a wait for my copies of Ghost Cries and Serenity in Murder (their first album with their original singer Emi).
    
Serenity in Murder is my current favorite band. Again, I discovered the female fronted melodic death metal band earlier this month through YouTube. The band's four albums have been getting lots of streams from me especially this week when the band uploaded their latest album Reborn (because they have a new singer) and The Eclipse. I love their brand of melodic death metal. Their music makes my work day more bearable.

Speaking of melodic death metal, I so recommend Hymn Above Traumatic Emotion (HATE). I found them on Bandcamp. Super catchy death metal. Love the clean female vocals. 

Live albums are usually not my cup of tea because they tend to not sound good to me but Taiwanese metal band Chthonic recently dropped a live album from their appearance at Megaport music festival 2021. I saw the actual show on video and their music sounded amazing live. I would have loved to have been to that show. It is probably the next best thing to seeing them live in person. I seriously doubt the band will come to the US (just like the other bands I listen to from China, Japan, Korea, and Vietnam). 

Still listening to the Indonesian symphonic metal band Blodwen. They are so good and so awesome. 

  

















Comments

Popular Posts