Albums of the Week

 For this week, I chose 2 albums for my Album of the Week post. The first is Onmyo-Za's Best of compilation I found on Wal-Mart's website for over $35, the second is Krypteria's 2009 album My Fatal Kiss. Both albums are nowhere to be found on any streaming platform but they can be purchased online either at Discogs or other specialty online shops. 

For Onmyo-Za, I recommend listening to their This is Onmyo-Za playlist on Spotify to get a good idea of their music. If people don't have a Spotify account, they can find a lot of their music on YouTube. Their 2 CD best of compilation is 3+ hours of J-Metal bliss. I discovered them via YouTube when I decided to begin my quest for heavy metal in various Asian countries. I immediately became a fan within a few songs. Spotify has all or at least most of their albums. I think they are all worth a listen to. 

Krypteria's lead singer Ji-In Cho, German-Korean (which  the band now goes under the name of And Then She Came) was really what led me down the path of investigating the heavy metal scene in countries like China, Japan, Korea, and Vietnam to name a few. Unfortunately Spotify has only 2 of the band's albums available for streaming which is a damn shame. I ended up buying their albums All Beauty Must Die and My Fatal Kiss from Discogs since I can not stream their entire albums online. The money is worth investing in their albums. I will say In Media Res remains my personal favorite Krypteria album. 







Comments

Popular Posts