My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Hello 3 day weekend! I actually have some new songs for my readers to check out. 

Serenity In Murder's 4th album Reborn featuring new vocalist Ayumu has really grown on me a lot with every listen. She is just as good as Emi. While the music isn't as fast as what I have heard on the previous three albums, the music is still heavy AF. Reborn will definitely be on my best of 2021 list.

The new Gary Numan album Intruder is a solid album but no flawless. I got bored with the music after 45 minutes and then the music became a chore to listen to. The album could have been perfect without the last 2-3 tracks. 

I was going to write off the hype over Olivia Rodrigo's debut album Sour but I decided to listen to it after listening to the hosts of the Keep It! podcast discuss it. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself enjoying it. The first song "Brutal" had a similar vibe to The Linda Lindas, the preteen punk band that went viral for their performance in a library.

Next to Serenity in Murder, I have been totally digging the Indonesian symphonic metal band Blodwen . Love their latest single "Ode to Home" which can be heard on YouTube and Spotify. 

Songs to check out:
"Saints and Liars" by Gary Numan
"Ode to Home" by Blodwen
"New Dawn" by   Far Distance, Hydrah
"Brutal" by Olivia Rodrigo
"Leaves Burned to Ashes" by Serenity In Murder
"Hy-Brasil" by Allison Russel

Comments

Popular Posts