Updated list of my favorite metal bands and albums from Asia

 Now that Asian, Pacific Islanders, and Native Hawaiians heritage month is ending, I thought I would end it with an updated list of my favorite bands from various parts of Asia. I am also including my favorite albums I have heard this month. These bands are all worth checking out.  

Japan has an amazing metal scene. The scene in the country is immensely diverse. It rages from (melodic) death metal to symphonic metal.  A lot of the music I have been consuming as a music fan is from Japan. My favorite bands are Onmyo-Za, Serenity in Murder, Ghost Cries, Hymn Above Traumatic Emotions, Cross Vein, Grand Finale, Undead Corporation, and Schonberg. The bands I underlined are my personal favorites. 

China and Taiwan each has a killer metal scene. From China, I absolutely adore the melodic death metal band Ephemerality and black metal band Ritual Day. From Taiwan, symphonic metal band Crescent Lament and death metal band Chthonic.

As hard as I have tried, finding current metal bands from my native country of Vietnam is extremely difficult but that is because the communist country has banned heavy metal music which has driven the scene underground. The only active metal bands I have been able to find are Windrunner and black metal band Elcrost which I definitely recommend checking out.

Korea gets a meh for me. I love the symphonic metal band Ishtar but their metal scene really isn't that diverse IMHO. It is either black or death metal. I do love the rock band Walking After U. They aren't really metal but that's okay. Their music is fantastic. I love their cover of AC/DC's Highway to Hell which can be found on YouTube.

Bands:
Aldious

Amiliyah

Ancient Myth

Asura

Black Kirin

Blodwen

Bridear

Chthonic

Crescent Lament

Cross Vein

Devil Within

Dreamspirit

Elcrost

Ephemerality

Fate Gear

Flesh Juicer

Ghost Cries

Grand Finale

Gyze

Hanggai

The HU

Hymn Above Traumatic Emotion

Inchaos

Ishtar

Li Dao

Liv Moon

Lovebites

Mai Yajima

Mardelas

Mary's Blood

Mysterain

Onmyo-Za

Ritual Day

Schonberg

Serenity in Murder

Sungoddess

Tears of Tragedy

Telecide

Twilight Blooming

Undead Corporation

Unlucky Morpheus

Vengeful Spectre

Walking After U

Windrunner

Yaksa

Albums:
Serenity In Murder: The First Frisson of the World

Serenity In Murder: The Highest of Dystopia

Blodwen: Winter Falls

Hymn Above Traumatic Emotion: 2

Chthonic: Megaport 2021

Schonberg: Baroque Gravity

Grand Finale: Quantum Moment

Mysterain: After The End of the Valley

Mysterain: Fall of the Song Dynasty

Black Kirin: Gengzi

Windrunner: Vui

Ishtar: Rise

Telecide: Telecide 2nd EP

Crescent Lament: Land of Lost Voices

Elcrost: Benighted and Unrequited

Ritual Day: Weak Light of Silence EP

Black Kirin: Nanking Massacre

Comments

Popular Posts