Album of the Week

Over this past weekend, I discovered the Indonesian symphonic metal band Blodwen (which translates to mountain white flower) while in my ongoing quest to discover any more metal bands from any part of Asian (East, South, Southeast, or West). You can read more about the band on their official website . The band's second full length album Winter Falls was the first album I listened to for the band. I was immediately hooked and of course bought a digital copy of the album. Lead vocalist Bernice Nikki has an incredible range, I would say her range is on par with Nightwish's Floor Jansen. Go listen to "Lovelorn" (one of my favorite tracks on the album), this song could have easily been done by Nightwish. I also recommend "For a New World". The entire album is a real gem and must listen to for symphonic metal fans. 

Unlike some bands I have discovered in the past few months, I definitely can confirm Blodwen is still active. They have a new song on Spotify called "Ode to Home", it is a fantastic song.

Comments

Popular Posts