Album of the Week

For the past couple of days, I have been listening a lot to the new album byGerman gothic rock band Mono Inc. called Together Till the End. I am absolutely new to the sounds of Mono Inc. . Over the weekend I finally listened to their song "Boatman" with Ronan Harris from VNV Nation and I was hooked right away. I don't know why I haven't been aware of this band but I am glad I found them now. Together Till the End is a great introduction to the band for me and I definitely will check out their other albums. I love music with melodies that sticks in my head and sing along anthems. I truly find it impossible to pick a favorite song on the entire album. Every song is great in their own right with their addictive melodies. The use of the harpsichord and accordion on the album really gave the album a lot more character. The same can be said for the backing female vocals. I will say that if there were any particular tracks to check out I will say "Boatman","Rome Wasn't Built in a Day", "This is My Life" and "Children of the Dark".  I will be honest though I do not know if there was a need to include all of those remixes. I would have personally kept "Forever and A Day"(Infinity Rmx by Solitary Experiments) and "This is My Life"(Kondensat remix by Blitzmaschine), the only two remixes that I enjoyed listening to. Really loved the live and unplugged "Potter's Field" and "Across the Waves" (performed by Palast). I may be late to the party when it comes to Mono Inc.'s music but I am glad I have joined the party. I definitely will either order a copy of the album via Amazon or buy a digital copy via google play so I can listen to it on my phone when running errands.

Comments

Popular Posts