My current favorite songs of the week

Happy Friday to all! It is a three day weekend for me, took Monday off so I am in a great mood that I don't have to see my coworkers until Tuesday. Also I heard some new songs today which I have put on this week's playlist. Unfortunately I haven't gotten around to listening to the new songs by LIGHTS and Nine Inch Nails. They will most likely end up on next week's playlist.

If anyone who reads this blog on a regular basis knows I can't have a playlist without a song from my favorite (Minnesota) band Autumn. If you hadn't heard of their first album (which is my personal favorite) The Hating Tree, you should listen to it now (you can also listen to it on youtube, just type in Autumn The Hating Tree). I can always count on that album to brighten up my day at work. Easily one of my favorite albums of all time (mmmm...sounds like I need to put together a new list). Not one bad song on that album.

Threw in a few old favorites from the '90s (besides "A Waiting Time") like "Santiago" Loreena McKennitt, "Good Mother" by Jann Arden",  and "Sleeping With an Angel" by Real McCoy. Yes I threw a cheesy pop song but I love it. I have always loved that ballad by Real McCoy. I'm also particularly loving the Jann Arden song. "Good Mother" has always been a favorite song of mine by the Canadian singer/songwriter.

I have fallen back in love with the song "Lately" by Dave Gahan and Soulsavers. It is a gorgeous ballad. I think their collaboration on Angels and Ghostswas great. I don't know why so many people bagged on it. Oh well. Different strokes for different folks.

Right I am so into the new Felix Marc album Alternative Facts. It is such a great album. All of the songs have really solid, memorable pop hooks. I had a difficult time picking which song to feature on this week's playlist but I ended up with "Iceland". Any of the songs could have been on this week's playlist.

The new songs by Garbage, Aesthetic Perfection, and Arch Enemy are great. I will confess the Arch Enemy track took a little longer for it to grow on me. The new Garbage song "No Horses" on the other hand is vintage Garbage between their first two albums. I absolutely love the song. I can say the very same thing about the new Aesthetic Perfection track "Rhythm + Control". I have listened to the track a few times today. It is a super catchy song. Love all the guest appearances by Nyxx, William Control, and Jinxx.

Comments

Popular Posts