PIG with Julien-K and Ghostfeeder at Amsterdam Bar and Hall on 07.01.17

Last night I was at Amsterdam Bar and Hall for another Kilted Farmers Koncert. PIG with Julien-K and Ghostfeeder were on tour together for the Prey and Obey tour. Prey and Obey is the title of the latest PIG EP. I can honestly say it is one of my top 10 favorite releases of 2017. It is so fucking good.



Ghostfeeder started the evening off with their brand of electro/synthrock. I have been listening to their most recent album World Fameless this past week. It is excellent. Ghostfeeder is from Tampa, Florida whose influences include IAMX, Sneaker Pimps, The Birthday Massacre, and Mindless Self Indulgence to just name a few. Some of their musical influences can be heard in their music. I tried to record some video footage from their set but my batteries died towards the end, and my other videos I recorded last night took longer to upload so I decided to scrap it. Instead I have posted their latest album to check out.





Up next was Julien-K,the Long Beach electro-rock band featuring former Orgy members Ryan and Amir. This was the first time I had seen Julien-K live. I really liked what I saw last night. They had a lot of energy and their music to me sounded much better live than recorded. Don't get me wrong, I do like their recorded music but they are one of those bands I think sounds better live. As for new music, they are crowdfunding a new album. Not sure when it comes out. I certainly will most likely check it out. At the end of their set, I snagged a copy of their set list. Here is what the band played:

Death to Analog
Strange Invisible
Dossier
Systeme de Sexe
Deep Beat Overground
Dark Cadence
Kick the Bass
Futura (DTA Mix)
Mannequin Eyes
Flashpoint Riot
Blue Monday



The band closed out their set with a cover of New Order's "Blue Monday" which I fortunately recorded on my camera and uploaded onto YouTube.


Finally was PIG. Earlier in the evening I was part of the VIP meet and greet event. That was so well worth the $60 I shelled out. I was just besides myself that I finally got to meet Raymond Watts who is responsible for my favorite KMFDM album NIHIL. That was so gnarly. Of course I had to wear my KMFDM t-shirt with the NIHIL album cover on it.



I got a few goodies from the meet and greet which included a tote bag, stickers, lanyard, posterand EP just for those who participated in the meet and greet. I had not done a meet and greet since 2012 for the Icon of Coil show.

As for the show itself, I loved that En Esch and Guenther Schulz were part of PIG's touring band. It was like a quasi-KMFDM reunion but even better. I like that the show started out with the band (sans Raymond) wearing PIG masks. The band even played a couple of songs from Nihil "Brute" and "Juke Joint Jezebel". I got "Juke Joint Jezebel" recorded for my youtube page.



Thank heavens my batteries did NOT die for this footage. I thought it would but fortunately it did not. To finally hear one of my favorite KMFDM songs live and sung by Raymond Watts was definitely a dream come true for me. PIG's set was incredible. Their sound is I wish KMFDM sounded like. There was a good mix of old and new songs which satisfied everyone in the audience. Fun night overall.

As much as I want to go, I probably won't attend the 3Teeth show because I am a bit tight on money and plus, I really want to continue stashing $$$ for my trip to Chicago in March to see Nightwish, and maybe one more tattoo for the season. I  will however be at the VNV Nation in August.

Comments

Popular Posts