International Podcast Day (belated)

I just learned that this past Monday was International Podcast Day. I listen to quite a few podcasts at work during the day. Sometimes music doesn't satisfy my listening needs. I was just going to write about one of my new favorite podcasts however I could not choose between the two which are The Dark Side Of and Today in True Crime.

The Dark Side Of Podcast explores the dark sides of life ranging from Hollywood to music. The only thing I don't like about it is the duo hosts for the podcast. I personally should think there should be one host. The subject matter is fascinating, my favorite episode involves Rose Thompson Hovick, the mother of the famous burlesque performer Gypsy Rose Lee. Rose suffered from narcissistic personality disorder and just used and practically abused her children Louise and June to suit her needs for fame and fortune. Another favorite episode of mine is the KPop episode which was a real eye opener because how abusive and cruel the management companies of many KPop stars can be.

Today in True Crime is my new favorite TC podcast. The podcast showcases true crime events of the day. Today's episode was about Jane Seneca Doe (who was featured on The Vanished Podcast earlier this year). I like that this podcast is not even a half hour long, it is brief and really doesn't go into sordid details. Sometimes less is more.



Comments

Popular Posts